Incisive Media, CRN and Computing are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
- Tea and coffee is Fairtrade
- Any seafood has been sustainably sourced
- Still water will be provided in jugs instead of glass bottles
- We will not be using any single-use plastics
- We will minimise the printing of awards programmes and collateral
- Electronic forms of communication will be used wherever possible to minimise paper usage and printing
- Have a sustainability policy, please click here to read
- Aim to minimise food waste by the client placing a pre-order, and any leftover food/potential wastage is used for staff meals at the end of the night
- Use energy efficient lighting
- Have a green energy supplier
- Recycle all Paper/Cardboard/Glass/Plastic